ABOUT IRON CREEK SHOPS
Hello and welcome to the Iron Creek Shops website!
The Iron Creek Shops came to be as a direct result of creating the new F-scale for Garden Railroad modeling. This scale was brought about to develop and encourage manufacturing and modeling in fine scale for the large-scale community both in Standard Gauge and Narrow Gauge to represent both gauges in large scale like all of the other smaller scales have done for years. (see What is F-scale).
This venture by a growing number of modelers and manufacturers has become a steady, major movement to build quality models showing accurate attention to details considering both scale and gauge differences for good, accurate models in the Large Scale Model Train market.
Note; All of my white metal casting parts are noted in F-scale measurements. That being said all or most can be used in any Large Scale Model. If you need measurements of a part that interests you, please contact me with your request.
About Don Niday
- Don Niday: Owner, Operator of Iron Creek Shops
- Model Railroader since 1958. Modeled in the following scales > HO, HOn3, O, On3 and now F and Fn3-1.20.32
- Multiple award-winning Standard Gauge and Narrow Gauge modeler
- Helped develop and start-up F-scale for fine-scale modeling in the large scale model trains market
- 18 years in the Trade Show and Special Events Market
- 30 years in the Residential and Commercial Construction Industry
- Present President of the Board of Directors at the Little River RR and Lumber Co. Museum
- Supplier of Standard Gauge and Narrow Gauge products in F-scale(1.20.32)
- Custom Services, specializing in Brass repair work, modifications and touch-up
- Weathering, Etching, Custom Painting and Airbrush work
- Complete Wood Shop specializing in manufacturing special sizes, shapes and quantities of wood parts
- Casting services in resin and white metal for various manufacturers and now the general public.